Wednesday, December 30, 2020

More COVID Audio: "You Can't Touch My Hair" by Phoebe Robinson

 More COVID Audio: You Can't Touch My Hair by Phoebe Robinson, 2016, Wisconsin Digital Library.

Well done humor book. Robinson narrated and kinda sounds like Amber Ruffin from Seth Meyers show and her own, newer, show. I kept conflating the two. That's OK, they won't know. Or care.

I don't have much to say about this because I don't remember specific details. Robinson grew up in Cleveland. Has many things to say about pop culture. Talks about her dating life. Talks about show business. Talks about a lot of things. 

She wrote a couple more books that I may check out.

Listened to in 2020 pandemic and notes typed July, 2021 and backdated.

Comments:

1. I kinda remember something about her stories about high school and being a black kid. Something else about her brother as a high school kid. Maybe something about her brother being a doctor now and,  therefore, having a much fancier job than her work as comedy writer and actress.

2. Oh, something else! Being in entertainment requires constant self-promotion and job hunting. One nice role is not guarantee of future work. 

No comments: