Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Pandemic Audio: "Goblins" by Charles Grant

 Pandemic Audio: Goblins by Charles Grant, 1994 (I think), downloaded from Hoopla.

Original X-Files novel and set after first season (I think). Mulder and Scully are reinstated into the X-Files. Some murders are happening outside Fort Dix in New Jersey. A Senator says, "Hey, I'm a Senator, and I say the FBI should look into these local murders. So get cracking."

Mulder and Scully head to New Jersey with two junior agents tagging along. There is scientific intrigue. There are mysterious murders from what people think are goblins. There is small town intrigue. There are stonewalling Army dudes. There are secretive scientists doing secretive experiments. There are small town eccentrics and weirdos.

I enjoyed the story. This is story with a 25-years-younger Mulder and Scully than the final X-Files season I watched a couple months ago. Not much else to say. I finished this back in September. Maybe August.

No comments: