Monday, February 12, 2018

Heard: "Bleed For Me" by Michael Robotham

Heard: Bleed For Me by Michael Robotham, 2010, Audio download from Wisconsin Digital Library.


I finished listening to this about three weeks ago. The fact I cannot recall the killer might be a sign I was not very engaged with the story. I read Robotham's first or second novel when it came out several years and I remember enjoying it and reading some others. It had been a while since I read or heard one of his books.

I do recall the basics of this plot: Forensic psychologist teaches at a English university and he is also separated from his wife. He still keens for his wife and their two daughters life with her. His teen daughter's best friend is suspected of murdering her retired cop father. As a forensic psychologist he asked by the investigating cop to help the initial investigation and then the court assigns him to evaluate the teen girl suspect.

Things happen with Psychologist nosing around. The murdered ex-cop was loved by former co-workers but there is evidence he was sexually assaulting his children. Someone is trying to derail the psychologist from nosing around and poisons his dog. There is family turmoil for both the victim's and the psychologist's families. Sexual turmoil with Psychologist. Legal turmoil. Police turmoil. Turmoiling turmoil.

I suppose the killer doesn't matter all that much. We're following Psychologist around as he pines for his wife and family. As he does the sexy sex with a teacher from his daughter's school. As he tries he follows what he wants rather than the evidence. So on. So forth.

The story is okay. The aspect of Psychologist's advancing Parkinson's Disease is interesting because Psychologist is getting frustrated with his physical decline. Not much else sticks out in my mind. An entertaining story but nothing that really engaged me.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Sounds more like Michael Robotham.

Gerard Saylor said...

Oops. Thanks for the catch. I will fix it.