Monday, November 21, 2016

DNF: "Choosing Sides: by Ruma Chopra

DNF: Choosing Sides: loyalists in Revolutionary America by Ruma Chopra, 2013, 9781442205710.

A very interesting book at how people chose sides during the Revolutionary War. For many people this was not an easy decision and others just went along to get along.

I only read until 19 and quit because I was going slow and have had this book way, way too long. An interesting thing I ran across is how one of Benjamin Franklin's sons remained loyal to the crown and settled in England.

I'll have to try this book again. Maybe overdrive.com has a copy, let me check... Nope. Damn it. I don't see an audio version anywhere.

Comment:
1. This seemed like a book that would make BookTV. Well, no, it did not. But, Chopra's other book Unnatural Rebellion: Loyalists in New York City During the Revolution, did make BookTV: https://www.c-span.org/video/?311548-1/loyalists-new-york-city-revolution.

No comments: