Friday, October 22, 2021

Quit: "Coyotes of Carthage" by Steven Wright

 Quit: Coyotes of Carthage by Steven Wright, 2020, 9780062951663.

I read about 50 pages and did so in fits and starts. The book is quite neat with a look at a political campaign in rural South Carolina run by a couple guys from a firm in D.C. But, I'm still suffering pandemic effects and I was just not able to sit and read. I have the audiobook on my TBR list.

I heard about this one because Wright teaches at the UW law school and participated in one of UW's Tuesday lunchtime Badger Talks. I rarely listen to those - I prioritize lunch - but I listened to his recording and he sold me on the story. 

Wright is speaking at the WLA conference in Green Bay in November. I plan to go to his event. One of the things about library conferences is that there are ALWAYS seats in the front row unless someone like John Green is there.


No comments: