Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Quit Listening: "A Sense of an Ending" by Julian Barnes

Quit Listening: A Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes, 2011, Overdrive download

Damn iPod skipped over a couple audio sections and screwed the story up.  At one point the narrator is talking about high school (or whatever the Limeys call it) and the next he is referring to a girlfriend that was never introduced.  Stupid computers.

I quit listening and turned on a Joe R. Lansdale audio which JUST DID THE SAME DAMN THING!  Stupid computers.

I pulled a print copy of Sense of an Ending off the shelf and took it home since I enjoyed what I heard.  The Lansdale audio book also skipped over several minutes.  I may just delete and download that Lansdale title again because I hate having to muck around and try to rewind the audio or skip backwards minutes at a time.  Stupid computers.

No comments: