Monday, May 4, 2009

Finally Finished: "Hogdoggin'" by Anthony Neil Smith

Finally Finished: Hogdoggin' by Anthony Neil Smith, promotional copy from Bleak House

This book would have been a hell of a lot better if I had the proper time to finish the damn thing.  I had two weeks of interruptions preventing me from finishing the freaking book until now.  Yeah, I could have read a few pages here and there, but I wanted to actually read the damn thing.  I didn't want bits and pieces at a time.  Anyway, I think Smith overdid himself on this one.  I was about halfway through the book when I realized what a fantastic job he did.  

Smith did real well here.  He deals with several different characters and sharply details each one.  Jumping the first person perspective from character to character was well done and kept things moving real well.  

I would write more but have a headache and do not want to be bothered.

No comments: