Friday, August 23, 2013

Read: "Dear Mr. Holmes: seven Holmes on the Range mysteries" by Steve Hockensmith

Read: Dear Mr. Holmes: seven Holmes on the Range mysteries by Steve Hockensmith, 2011, 9781461077145.

Where the hell is this book?  I cannot find it at home.  I cannot find it at work.  Maybe I left it in the damn van.

Seven stories through seven letters by Big Red to publishers, Dr. Watson, and the English aristocrat in the first novel.  Some were better than others but I cannot say which ones I enjoyed the most because I cannot find the damn book.

Found it, it was in the kitchen under some other stuff.

 Comments:
1.  Now that I have leafed through I'm thinking all the stories were pretty fun.  I cannot pick one in particular.
2.  No real tie-ins to the novels except when a story immediately follows a novel.  There is one story with Big Red and Old Red traveling the train to TX in-between Black Dove and Crack in the Lens that mentions some of On the Wrong Track.
3.  Hockensmith lives in Alameda which somehow reminds me of this:




4.  I looked at Hockensmith's webpage and he says he has an entry in Kwik Krimes anthology.  That title blows.  Why not just add in Ye Olde or Emporium?  I'm ordering the book for work anyway.
5.  The stories date from 2003 to 2010 and appeared in Ellery Queen and one anthology. 
6.  Hockensmith claims copyright to Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

No comments: