Friday, July 23, 2010

Forced Myself to Finish: "The Talented Mr. Ripley" by Patricia Highsmith

Forced Myself to Finish: The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith. Read from an anthology I will not bother to list.

What a pile of shit. How can this be famed by so many people? I forced myself to finish this boring novel in the faint hope that some, anything, interesting would happen at the end. Nope.

I had more complaints and comments right after I finished reading this crap story but I cannot remember them, and I would just as soon not recall the damned sorry excuse for a novel either.

One reason I started the story is because it is so well known. Yet more evidence that popularity means nothing. I also picked it up because there was a recent biography of Highsmith about how she liked both the pole and hole and would chew people up and spit them out.

No comments: